Makes 6 servings.
- 1 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 pounds Beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup tomato catsup
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickle (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add Beef chuck and cook until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add Onion, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in catsup and rice.
- Remove from heat and blend in cottage cheese, sour cream, pickle, salt and pepper.
- Turn into buttered 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with grated Cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees 25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.