In Romanian: Pasta de heringi cu nuci
- 1 herring
- 12 ground walnuts
- 2 crustless slices of white bread soaked in water with a little vinegar
- ½ grated onion
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Wash the fish, skin and debone it.
- Then grind or chop very fine.
- Place the fish paste in a bowl and mix with the soaked and squeezed bread, gradually adding the oil.
- After the oil is used up, add the onion, vinegar, walnuts and mix well.
- Place the mixture on a long serving plate, shaping like a fish.
- Put the head and tail where they belong.
- Keep cold until serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.