- 1½ liters water
- 700 gm herring
- ½ liter milk
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- bay leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 300 g potatoes
- 2 tablespoon butter
- chopped dill or parsley
- Clean the herring. Wash and rub with salt.
- Bring water to a boil, add the carrots and spices.
- Half boil the carrots and then add the potatoes, then the half-cut herrings and milk. Other types of fish may be used instead of herring.
- Cook it until it becomes a little thick.
- Serve with finely chopped parsley or dill and butter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.