In Romanian: Chiftelute din heringi sau scrumbii sarate
- 2 herrings
- 1 egg
- 2 crustless slices of white bread
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley and dill
- 2 tablespoon oil
- bread crumbs
- Wash the fish well, slit lengthwise and keep them in tepid water for 5 – 6 hours.
- Take out of the water, remove all skin and bones.
- Then grind together with the raw onion and the bread soaked in milk or water and squeezed of excess liquid.
- Mix this with the egg, parsley and dill and make pancakes.
- Cover in bread crumbs and fry in hot oil.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.