- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1 cup Kellog's bran flakes
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- 1 cup chopped English walnuts
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine (2 sticks)
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup water at room temp
- Place oat bran, rolled oats, fiber one, bran flakes, raisins and walnuts in a bowl.
- Mix lightly and set aside.
- Place sugars and margarine in mixing bowl and mix at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg whites and vanilla and mix lightly scraping the bowl before and after adding the egg whites.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt and mix at low speed about ½ min to blend well.
- Add flour mixture and water to sugar mixture and mix at medium speed only until flour is moistened.
- Add bran mixture and mix at medium speed until well blended.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray or lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 – 14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 1 minute.
- Remove cookies to wire rack and cool to room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.