Please add a description
- 1 x 10-oz. can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 x 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- ¼ cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 ripe medium-sized tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup shredded low-fat monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Shape dough into 4-inch circle; cover with kitchen towel; let stand 5 minutes.
- Roll into 11-inch circle on lightly floured surface.
- Fit into pie plate, and flute rim.
- Mix spinach, sour cream and shallots in mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk together milk, salt, pepper, egg whites and egg.
- Stir ⅓ cup milk mixture into spinach mixture.
- Spoon spinach mixture into bottom of prepared crust.
- Add layer of tomatoes, and top with cheese.
- Pour remaining milk mixture over cheese.
- Place pie plate on baking sheet.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until set.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.