Hinjo (Burmese Sour Soup) is best served with rice.
- Serves 4
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced, lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 green tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup spinach or other greens, torn
- 5 – 6 cups rhubarb or fish stock, or boiling water
- ¼ teaspoon dried shrimp paste
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan until very hot.
- Then fry the onion, garlic and turmeric for 30 seconds.
- Add in the tomatoes and spinach.
- Stir for another 30 seconds then add the stock or water.
- Let the mixture boil.
- Add the shrimp paste, cover the pan and let it simmer over low heat until vegetables are soft.
- Add salt to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.