"Wedded Bliss". I don’t know where the name for this yummy cake originates, but I think it’s a good one!
- 200 ml oatmeal
- 100 ml whole wheat flour
- 100 ml flour
- 100 ml brown sugar, well packed
- ¼ tsp baking soda (optional)
- 100 g butter/margarine, semi-soft
- 1 egg
- as needed rhubarb jam or stewed prunes
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the butter/margarine and mix well with your hands.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Press the dough into a round baking tin, saving some for the topping.
- Spread with the jam and crumble the rest of the dough over the cake.
- You can also use the leftover dough to make a pie lattice for the cake.
- Bake at 200°C for approx 20 minutes.
- Or until the cake takes on a dark, golden color.
- Delicious hot or cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.