- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 lbs Beef stew meat
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
- 3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced -into rounds
- 1 cup Frozen Peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
Preparation time: 20 minutes cooking time: 1 hour, 20 minutes utensils: measuring cups and spoons, utility knife, plate, saucepan with cover, mixing spoon, can opener.
- On plate, combine flour, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cut meat into bite-size cubes, then roll in flour mixture to coat.
- Reserve flour mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil in saucepan set on stove top over medium-low heat.
- Add meat and brown, stirring occasionally with mixing spoon, then sprinkle in remaining flour mixture.
- Add Onion; cook until limp.
- Add water, garlic powder, thyme and coriander; bring to boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, add potatoes, carrots and additional water as needed.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Add Peas and continue to cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Heat through, but do not boil.
- To serve, pour into hollowed-out pumpkin shell decorated to look like a spooky jack-o-lantern
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.