- egg noodles (oil noodles)
- stock (either from pork ribs or other meat stock)
- pork (whole piece)
- bean sprouts
Spice and Seasoning Edit
- soy sauce
- star anise
- block sugar
- pepper (lots)
- red chili
- pork fat (cube and deep fried)
- fish cake (sliced) - no recipe here, so you have to buy it!
- spring onion (chopped)
- fried shallots (finely sliced shallots and fry in oil till fragrant)
- Boil pork ribs for stock.
- Shell and clean prawns.
- Crush and keep the shells for stock.
- In the wok, fry pork fat till crisy.
- Remove and live some oil.
- Fry chopped garlic and chillie till fragrant, add prawn shells, fry briefly and add in stock.
- Boil for around 20 minutes.
- Strain and add pork.
- Once pork is cooked, remove and slice.
- Briefly cook the prawn in the stock and remove.
- Season the stock with pepper, dark soy sauce, salt, sugar and msg.
- In a separate pot of water, blanch bean sprout and kangkong, last throw in the noodles and briefly cook, then strain.
- (never over cook the noodles) put all ingredients in a bowl and pour prawn soup over, garnish with spring onions, fried shallots, fish cake and served with chopped chillie and garlic in light soy sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.