Makes 6 servings
- 1½ pounds cooked smoked beef sausage, cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Heat 8-quart oven-safe Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat until hot.
- Add sausage; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from pan; set aside.
- Add chicken, salt and pepper; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is browned.
- Remove from pan.
- Drain fat leaving 1 tablespoon.
- Add onions, celery, green and red peppers, garlic and red pepper; cook, stirring 7 to 10 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown.
- Stir in chicken broth, reserved sausage and chicken, rice and paprika.
- Bring to a boil;.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, stirring once or twice during cooking.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.