A delicious cake - a nice alternative to fruitcake.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 16 servings
- 40 minutes
- 2 cups golden raisins, chopped
- ¼ cup light rum
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups butter, softened
- 2¾ cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cream
- Combine raisins and rum; cover and stand until rum is absorbed.
- Stir together: flour, baking powder, salt.
- Blend butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl on low speed.
- Beat on high speed for 5 minutes, scraping down sides often.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with cream.
- Stir in raisins and turn into baking pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake: 12 cup bundt pan: 70 to 80 minutes; or 2 – 6 cup bundt pan: 40 to 45 minutes.
- This cake gets very brown on top.
- Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pans.
- Brush with rum and butter glaze.
- Allow cake to absorb and repeat until glaze is used up.
- Melt ½ cup butter in saucepan; add 1 cup sugar and ½ cup water.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup rum.
- Cool slightly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.