Contributed by Johnny at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: 2½ pounds
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1½ tablespoons black pepper
- 1¼ tablespoons cayenne
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1½ tablespoons granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2½ pounds lean pork butt, cut into 1-inch thick slices, 4 to 5 ounces each
- In a mixing bowl, combine the salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, granulated garlic, granulated onion and onion powder.
- Dredge each piece of pork in the spice mix.
- Press the spice mix well into each piece.
- Wrap the Tasso in plastic wrap, about 4 pieces together.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 days or up to 1 week.
After 3 days, I smoke mine. I put it on the cool side of the smoker when I smoke my other meats.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.