- Avocado is a naturally rich moisturizer.
- Mash the meat of the avocado into a creamy texture.
- Massage into the face and neck.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and gently rinse off.
Facial Mask Edit
- Squeeze half a lemon and mix the juice with one beaten egg white.
- Leave on your face overnight or, for a quick pick-me-up, just 15 minutes.
- Splash warm water on your face to rinse.
- It helps to removes blotches, because the lemon works as a bleaching agent.
Egg & Honey Mask Edit
- Mix together 1 tablespoon honey, 1 egg yolk, 1/2 teaspoon almond oil and 1 tablespoon yogurt.
- Honey stimulates and smoothes, egg and almond oil penetrate and moisturize, and yogurt refines and tightens pores.
Cornmeal Facial Mask Edit
- Two tablespoons of cornmeal mixed with enough water to make a thick paste makes a great inexpensive facial mask.
- Gently apply to face and wash off.
Lighten Circles under Eyes Edit
- To lighten dark circles under your eyes, wrap a grated raw potato in cheesecloth and apply to eyelids for 15-20 minutes.
- Wipe off residue and apply an eye cream.
Egg, Avocado & Mud Facial Mask Edit
- Clay is available in powder form at any health food store.
- Mix 1 tbsp. dry clay with 1 egg yolk, 1/4 of a mashed avocado and enough witch hazel to create a smooth mixture.
- Mud dries excess sebum while the egg yolk and avocado replenish lost moisture.
- Witch hazel tones.
Egg & Olive Oil Hair Mask Edit
- Mix two whole eggs with four tablespoons of olive oil.
- Smooth through hair.
- Wrap head with plastic wrap, and leave in hair for 10 minutes.
- Rinse well.
Fruit Smoothie Hair Mask Edit
- Blend 1/2 a banana, 1/4 avocado, 1/4 cantaloupe, 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil and 1 tablespoon yogurt.
- For extra conditioning, squeeze in the contents of a vitamin E capsule.
- Leave in hair for 15 minutes.
Facial Exfoliater Edit
- 2 heaped tsp. fine oatmeal
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Combine ingredients, and add enough water to make a paste.
- Apply to skin and rub gently.
- Rinse and gently pat dry.
Banana Wrinkle Fighter Edit
- Banana is wonderful as an anti-wrinkle treatment.
- Mash 1/4 banana until very creamy.
- Spread all over face and leave for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water followed by a dash of cold.
- Gently pat dry.
Grape Cleanser Edit
- Grape juice makes an excellent cleanser for any skin type.
- Simply split one or two large grapes, remove pips and rub the flesh over face and neck.
- Rinse off with cool water.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.