This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Barger Estate in Mckinney, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 20 ears of whole kernel corn
- 1 pint diced sweet red peppers
- 1 pint diced green peppers
- 1 quart chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped white onions
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 quart vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Cook ears of corn in boiling water for 5 minutes then cut from cob.
- Combine peppers, celery, onions, sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seed.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Blend dry mustard and turmeric with a little liquid and add with corn to boiling mixture.
- Boil for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- This relish may be thickened by adding ¼ cup flour blended with ½ cup water at the time the corn is added for cooking.
- Frequent stirring will be necessary to prevent sticking and scorching.
- Pack loosely then seal and process for 15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.