French sour cream.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Makes 2 cups
- Put cream in glass container or jar and add buttermilk.
- Stir lightly and cover.
- Allow jar to stand at room temperature until thickened to the consistency of sour cream.
- This can take anywhere from 12 to 24 hours, depending on the temperature of the room.
- The warmer the room, the faster it will turn to crème fraîche.
- Crème fraîche will continue to thicken as it chills.
- It will keep for about 10 days in the refrigerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.