Prep Time: One hour
Serves: 24 serving at 8 ounces each.
This is a favorite of mine for pizza topping or sausage sandwiches with cooked onion and green pepper. (All measurements are in USA)
- 12 pounds pork (butt or shoulder, use all fat)
- 1¾ cups iced water
- ¼ cup salt, canning or kosher
- ⅔ teaspoons msg
- ¼ cup fennel seed
- ¼ cup ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⅓ teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons white refined sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- Cut pork into cubes about 1-2 inch in size.
- Add remaining ingredients mixing well.
- Run mixture through a meat grinder for bulk or into casings.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.