Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- You will need an empty 750 ml liquor bottle with a top for storing the liqueur.
- 2 cups water
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1½ tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 cups 80 proof vodka
- 1½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- Combine water, sugar, and coffee in a covered saucepan over high heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and continue to boil for 10 minutes. Be sure mixture does not boil over.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Add vodka and vanilla. Stir.
- Store in any empty 750 ml. Liquor bottle with a screw top or another bottle with a resealable lid.
- It is very important that you use a covered saucepan when making this drink.
- The alcohol will boil away if the solution is not covered when it gets hot.
- Also the longer this drink is bottled and stored in a dark, cool place, the better it will taste.
- For the best flavor, store it for at least thirty days before drinking.
- Probably the hardest part of making this simple recipe is not drinking the stuff before it matures!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.