Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hr 30 minutes
Yields: 6-8 servings
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 medium sized onion, chopped
- 10-12 saltine crackers or handful of croutons
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ground beef, eggs, onion,(few shakes) salt and pepper, crackers or croutons, and milk in large bowl.
- Using hands gently mix all ingredients together making sure once mixed that it is stiff and sticks together in a ball(if not sticking together add more crackers or croutons).
- Once mixed, put in 8x10 pan with sides and form into log shape.
- When in pan, put fair amount of ketchup to top of meat (to give flavor and keep moist).
- Bake for 1 hr. and then check to make sure meat is done, if not place in oven for another 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.