Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds green tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3 pounds tart apples, chopped
- 4 pounds firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup ground suet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 pounds raisins
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- rum or brandy to taste
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cover tomatoes with cold water; bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add cider vinegar, apples, brown sugar, cloves, nutmeg, suet, meat, raisins, salt, cinnamon, and butter or margarine; simmer 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add rum or brandy to taste.
- Refrigerate or pack in hot sterile jars and seal.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.