In Romanian: Prepararea salamului
- 2 lbs / 1 kg pork
- 2 lbs / 1 kg beef
- 1½ lb / 750 g pork fat
- minced garlic
- some ground juniper and pepper berries
- Grind the pork, beef and 1 lb / 500 g of the pork fat, and mix well.
- Let stand for 2 – 3 hours, then add salt, minced garlic, ground juniper berries and pepper.
- Add the remaining fat that was cubed.
- Mix well, adjust spices, then fill the small intestines with the mixture.
- Wipe the sausages with a cloth and let air dry in the wind for 10 – 12 hours.
- The following day, smoke them for 5 – 6 hours.
- Air dry for 3 – 4 days, rub with a clean cloth moistened with oil and refrigerate.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.