Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- Makes 5 pints (20 half-cup servings)
- Wash tomatoes.
- Remove stems.
- Core and cut into pieces; drain.
- Place in an 8- or 10-quart kettle.
- Bring to boiling over low heat, stirring often.
- Cover; simmer 15 minutes or until soft, stirring often.
- Press tomatoes through a food mill.
- Discard solids.
- Return juice to kettle; bring to boiling.
- Boil gently, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add lemon juice, and if desired, ¼ teaspoon salt to each hot, clean pint jar.
- Pour hot tomato juice into jars, leaving a ½-inch headspace; wipe jar rims; adjust lids.
- Process in a boiling-water canner for 35 minutes (start timing when water returns to boil).
To freeze Edit
- Place kettle in a sink filled with ice water; stir mixture to help it cool.
- Pour into wide-top freezer containers, leaving a ½-inch headspace.
- Omit lemon juice.
- If desired, add ¼ teaspoon salt to each container.
- Seal, label, and freeze for up to 10 months.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.