- 2 cups whole or 2% milk
- 2 tsp yogurt (whisked until smooth)
- ½ inch piece of gingerroot *optional (recommended for removing toxicity from the milk)
- Place milk in a medium-size saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes while stirring (be careful not to let it burn) *let cool to about 100% - 112%.
- (use a cooking thermometer or own judgment) *pour milk into a sterilized glass jar.
- Add yogurt (pick out the ginger).
- Cover jar with loose fitting lid and completely wrap it in a kitchen towel (you want the yogurt to maintain the ideal temperature but not suffocate it as it needs air to multiply).
- Place in oven next to the bulb (to culture properly it needs an environment of 95%.
- Leave overnight without disturbing it and you will have fresh yogurt in the morning!.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.