- pounds Conch, about 10
- Half-cup lime or lemon juice.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces salt Pork cut into half-inch cubes
- a bunch of parsley,
- thyme and celery leaves,
- 3 basil leaves,
- one whole fresh hot pepper
- a bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 scallions, chopped using the green and white parts.
- Half-teaspoon cinnamon if preferred
- salt, freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon.
- Put the Conch in the lime juice and marinate for several hours.
- Drain, rinse and beat thoroughly to tenderize.
- Cut into pieces and put into a saucepan, cover with water and simmer until tender. About an hour. Depending on the freshness of the Conch.
- Let the liquid reduce a little at the end.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy covered casserole.
- Add the salt Pork, and a cheesecloth of herbs, garlic, scallions, cinnamon, if desired, and add the Conch and its cooking liquid. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard the herbs add the limejuice and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.