This is a typical soup that originated in the north coast of Honduras, but it is served throughout the country.
- 1 pound of Conch
- 2 shredded coconuts
- 3 green bananas
- 2 carrots
- 2 pounds of yucca - it is better if you use yellow yucca
- 2 garlic teeth
- 2 large onions - yellow or white
- 2 green peppers
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup of coriander - small leaf
- 1/2 cup of coriander - broad leaf
- 1/8 cup of margarine
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- Cut up the onions, garlic, green peppers.
- Peel and cube all vegetables (except the bananas) and fast fry them in the margarine.
- Add the bouillon cubes and the coriander.
- Liquefy together the meat and the milk of the coconuts, sift the mixture - you may need to add some water to get it all out.
- Should end with approximately 3/4 liter of coconut milk.
- Add this to the fast fried vegetables, let it simmer around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the bananas and simmer for another 7 minutes or until the bananas are soft.
- Add the Conch, peeled, and cut in small pieces; let it simmer for five more minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.