- 3 lbs broiler/fryer chicken, skinned
- ¾ cup shredded zucchini
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¾ cup shredded yellow squash
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1¼ cup toasted, wholewheat breadcrumbs
- egg, beaten
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp unsweetened apple juice
- Discard giblets and neck of chicken (or save for stock).
- Rinse chicken under cold, running water, and pat dry.
- Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with PAM; place over med-hi heat until hot.
- Add yellow squash, zucchini, onion, celery, and garlic, and saute until tender-crisp.
- Combine vegetable mixture, breadcrumbs, egg, pecans, salt, and pepper in a med bowl; stir well.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan that has been coated with PAM.
- Stuff lightly with dressing mixture.
- Truss chicken (or put ball of foil in opening).
- Combine apple juice and honey, stirring well.
- Brush chicken with half of apple juice-honey mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 1½ – 2 hours or until drumsticks are easy to move and juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining apple-honey mixture.
Nutritional information Edit
- 266 calories | 26.8g protein | 10.8g fat | 15.6g carbohydrate | 119g cholesterol | 1.8mg iron | 246mg sodium | 45mg calcium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.