Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Source: dLife
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup non-fat milk
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup chopped apples
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly mist one 12-cup muffin tin with low-fat vegetable spray.
- Lightly beat egg whites.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, gently folding in egg whites.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring until barely moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
- Fill greased muffin tins two-thirds full.
- Bake about 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- For added flavor, throw in a ¼ cup of chopped walnuts and ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 145 | Carbohydrates: 23.2g | Protein: 3.9g | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 0.7g | Cholesterol: less than 1mg | Fiber: 2.8g | Sodium: 237mg
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.