Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Categories: Cakes, Christmas, Russian / Polish
- Servings: 10
- 1lb butter
- 16 large eggs
- 56 oz honey
- 56 oz (3 cups) unbleached flour (all-purpose)
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 8 tsp baking powder
- Cream the butter and separate the eggs.
- Add the room temperature yolks,one at a time, to the butter and beat well.
- Mix in the honey.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and spices twice and add to the butter mixture.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold a little of the egg whites into the batter, then add the rest of them, folding them gently into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a buttered and floured loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven until firm on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool, in the pan, for 10 minutes,then remove and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.