Makes 16 rolls.
- 3½ to 4 cups bread flour
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup hot water (120°F to 130°F)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp oil
- sesame seed
- In an electric mixer, combine 3 half cups flour, yeast and salt blended well.
- Separate one egg and set white portion aide.
- Add yolk and remaining egg, hot water, honey and oil to the flour mixture which had been mixed before.
- Mix vigorously, then knead with dough hook for about 6 minutes, adding flour if sticky, until smooth and elastic or turn out onto floured board and knead about 10 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and damp towel.
- Let rise in warm place about 30 minutes.
- Punch down; let rest 5 minutes.
- Divide evenly; shape into 16 balls.
- Arrange in greased 9-inch layer cake pan, working from outside in, placing 10 around perimeter, then 5, and 1 in center.
- Lightly beat reserved egg white and brush over rolls.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F about 22 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.