- 3 cup whole wheat flour (3 to 3½ cups)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 env Fleischmann's® Quick-Rise instant yeast
- ¾ cup low-fat (2%) milk
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- In large bowl, combine 2½ cups flour, salt and undissolved yeast.
- In small saucepan heat milk, water, vegetable oil and honey until very warm (125 °F).
- Stir warm liquids into dry ingredients. Stir in eggs; blend well.
- Mix in enough remaining flour to make soft dough that begins to come away from sides of bowl and can be handled.
- Texture may be crumbly. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 to 8 minutes. Cover; let rest on floured surface 10 minutes.
- Roll dough (or stretch and pat) to 12- x 8-inch rectangle.
- Roll up from short side as for jelly roll. Pinch seam and ends to seal.
- Place, seam side down, in greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake in 350 °F oven for 40 minutes or until done. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.