Chicken in white wine
- 1 chicken of about 1.5 kilos
- 4 shallots
- a clove of garlic
- parsley, to taste
- 75 g butter
- 100 g cream
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ litre riesling, and a small cup of meat stock
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 spirit measure of cognac
- 150 g mushrooms
- salt, pepper and a little nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Quarter the chicken, and lightly brown them in half the butter in a stewing pan for about 5 minutes, then season.
- Put in the shallots, parsley and garlic, finely chopped.
- Continue to cook on a low heat.
- Flambé the meat with the cognac, and then pour in the riesling and the stock.
- Simmer on a low heat for thirty minutes.
- Chop the mushrooms and fry them lightly in the remaining butter.
- Then add them to the pot.
- A few minutes before the end of the cooking time, blend the flour, cream and egg yolk.
- Pour this sauce over the meat without cooking further, and season to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.