- 2 tsp oil, vegetable
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ¾ lbs canned black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3 oz bacon, Canadian-style, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 3 drops hot sauce
- 4 oz quick cooking rice
- In 2-qt nonstick saucepan, heat oil, add bell pepper and onion and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, the peas, bacon, salt, pepper, and hot sauce; stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Add rice and stir to combine; cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork before serving.
Nutritional information Edit
- 470 mg sodium | 10 mg cholesterol
- Exchanges: ½ fat | 2¼ proteins | ½ vegetable | 1 bread
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.