This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Day Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated white onion
- ¼ teaspoon prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Sauté onion in butter then add flour and stir well.
- Add milk and cook until smooth and thick.
- Add horseradish and mustard.
- Pour sauce over vegetables, seafood, ham, beef or chicken.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.