Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Yields 7 servings, each one equal to 1 cup
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (15½ ounces) dark red kidney beans
- 2 cans whole tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons instant chopped onions
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Brown ground turkey in medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Drain and rinse turkey in colander.
- Add beans, tomatoes and garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour with the spices.
- Add the mixture to the pan.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 190 | Calories from Fat 50 | Total Fat 6 g | Cholesterol 50 mg | Sodium 150 mg | Carbohydrate 18 g | Dietary Fiber 7 g | Protein 17 g
- Exchanges: 1 starch | 1 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Units 1
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.