Serve this with cucumber salad, and a crusty French bread. This is quick, warming for the winter, and delicious. It's an old family recipe that Jewish-Hungarians have been making for a gazillion years. Use kosher hot dogs, of course.
- 4 potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 frankfurters
- Peel potatoes, and slice them into ¼- inch slices.
- Sauté chopped onion in a little oil.
- Add garlic.
- When onions are soft, add paprika. Throw in the potatoes. Add salt and caraway seeds. Add enough water to barely cover.
- Stir well, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Lay the frankfurters on top of the potatoes.
- Cover, and simmer again for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are done.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.