Contributed by Jenn b aka Mom2sam and Tiny World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 8 Servings.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1¾ cups hottest tap water
- ice cream
- Heat Oven to 350 °F.
- Mix flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, the baking powder and salt in ungreased baking pan, 9x9x2 inches.
- Mix in milk, oil and vanilla with fork until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread in pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and ¼ cup cocoa.
- Pour hot water over batter.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes
- Spoon into dessert dishes or cut into squares and invert on dessert plates.
- Top with ice cream and spoon sauce over each serving.
- if using self-rising flour, omit baking powder and salt.
- Hot Fudge-Butterscotch Pudding Cake: Substitute 1 package (6 Ounces) butterscotch chips for the nuts. Decrease brown sugar to ½ dup and the ¼ dup cocoa to 2 tablespoons.
Nutritional information Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.