Trick or Treat cookies
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yields four dozen
- 1 cup soft shortening
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups finely chopped cashews
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups unbleached flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon habanero powder 
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix the dry ingredients together with the nuts, and stir into the creamed mixture.
- Form into a log about two inches in diameter and chill.
- Slice and bake until golden, 12 to 14 minutes (watch carefully! these cookies burn easily!)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.