- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1 skinless boneless Chicken breast (abt 10 oz)
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbl curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 pch cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup bottled mango chutney
- 1/4 cup minced fresh coriander plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- In a small saucepan bring the chicken broth to a boil and in it poach the Chicken at a bare simmer, covered, for 8 minutes, or until it is springy to the touch and just cooked through.
- While the Chicken is poaching, in a saucepan cook the Onion and the celery in the oil over moderately-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, stir in the curry powder, the turmeric, and the Cayenne, and cook the mixture, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the Chicken to a work surface, reserving the broth, and chop it. Add the reserved broth to the vegetable mixture, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring, and simmer it for 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor puree the mixture with the chutney and 1/2 the Chicken until the puree is very smooth. Transfer the puree back to the saucepan, stir in the remaining Chicken and just heat through. Stir in the minced coriander, and divide the soup between bowls. Garnish each serving with a coriander sprig.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.