Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 200 g / 7 oz hot smoked salmon, flaked with a fork
- 8 eggs
- 150 ml / 5 fl oz milk
- 300 g / 10 oz asparagus
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Heat an overhead grill or broiler.
- Trim the asparagus and cut into 2.5 cm / 1” pieces.
- Blanch for 1minute in boiling water, drain and refresh.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the milk, chives, salt and pepper and whisk lightly.
- Reserve a few asparagus tips and add the rest to the egg mixture.
- Mix in the flaked smoked salmon.
- Heat a large frying pan and put some olive oil in it.
- Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan and stir until everything is starting to set.
- Arrange the reserved asparagus tips on top when the frittata is half cooked.
- Pop the frying pan under the grill or broiler for the last few minutes until the frittata has set.
- Slide the frittata onto a pretty presentation plate and serve warm or cold with a crisp, green salad.
[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.