Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Healthy Soul Food Recipes, 2007 by the American Heart Association
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp hot pepper sauce , or to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 4 oz each), all visible fat discarded
- vegetable oil spray
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs (about 2 cups flakes)
- ¼ cup fat-free or light sour cream
- ¼ cup low-fat buttermilk
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried dill weed, crumbled
- In a large shallow bowl, stir together the hot-pepper sauce, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 8 hours, turning occasionally if longer than 30 minutes.
- Discard the marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch square baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Put the cornflake crumbs on a plate.
- Turn the chicken to coat both sides.
- Transfer to the baking pan.
- Lightly spray the top of the chicken with vegetable oil spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the coating is crisp.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken or use as a dipping sauce.
- ↑ Tip: Hot pepper sauce made from cayenne peppers (a bit milder) or Tabasco peppers works well. Let your heat tolerance be your guide.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 3 oz chicken and 2 Tbsp sauce:
- 220 Calories | 4g Total Fat | 1g Saturated | 0.5g Polyunsaturated | 2g Monounsaturated | 69mg Cholesterol | 250mg Sodium | 16g Carbs | 1g Dietary Fiber | 3g Sugars | 29g Protein
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch | 3 very lean meats
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.