- 5 cups canned no-salt added chicken broth, undiluted
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 (4 oz) skinned and boned chicken breast half, cut into thin strips may substitute pork tenderloin
- ⅓ cup canned bamboo shoots, cut into thin strips
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ tsp hot sauce
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 egg white, lighly beaten
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup fresh snow pea pods
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a 500 gm saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add chicken; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add bamboo shoots; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Drizzle egg white into soup, stirring constantly.
- Stir in green onions and snow peas.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir into soup mixture.
- Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute, stirring gently.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.