- 15 liters (27 pints) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dried lemon grass
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon chile paste
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ½ x 425 g (15 oz) can straw mushrooms, drained
- 125 g (4 oz) bean sprouts
- 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- 250 g (8 oz) frozen prawns, defrosted
- 2 small red chiles, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves
- Put the stock, lemon grass and lime rind in a large pan. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Strain the stock and return to the pan. Season with salt, then add the lime juice, chile paste and sugar. Stir well
- Add the mushrooms, bean sprouts and spring onions. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the prawns and simmer for a few seconds to heat through.
- Serve in individual bowls, sprinkled with chile slices and coriander leaves.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.