- 6 Japanese or Chinese eggplants, cut crosswise in thirds then quartered lengthwise
- 2 medium scallions (white and light green parts), chopped
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark sesame oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp hot chili oil, or more to taste
- pinch of sugar
- In medium bowl, combine garlic and ginger; whisk in soy sauce, sesame oil, both vinegars, chili oil and sugar.
- Set aside.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.