- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 25 grams butter
- 1 large heaping tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons grated cheese
- pepper and nutmeg
- Boil the eggs for about 10 minutes (hard-boiled eggs).
- Make white sauce: put the milk and butter to boil, when it has boiled add cornstarch dissolved in cold milk, allowed to thicken and when it is ready remove from heat and add pepper and nutmeg.
- In an oiled roasting pan place the peeled eggs and cut in half horizontally, covered with white sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Set the oven to broil.
- Serve with white rice or mashed potatoes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.