Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 can (14 oz) cooked chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp tamari soy sauce
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: ½ cup toasted ground sesame seeds
- Saute onion and garlic in the olive oil until softened and caramelized.
- Stir in Tamari.
- Combine with remaining ingredients in food processor and blend until Santana smooth.
- add warm water to adjust to desired consistency
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.