- 250 g (9 oz) dried chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, for garnishing
- juice of half a lemon, for garnishing
- Soak chickpeas in a large bowl and cover with plenty of cold water.
- Soak for 12 hours or overnight.
- (the longer you soak them the less cooking time needed).
- Bring the chickpeas to boil in plenty of water (they must be completely covered) for 10 minutes (skim of any scum).
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour on low heat, or until the peas are very tender.
- Drain, reserving 125ml (4fl oz) cooking liquid.
- Place chickpeas, yoghurt, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and salt in a liquidiser, and blitz for 10 seconds or until a smooth puree is achieved.
- Scraping off the sides every now and then.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.