- 2 x 15-oz cans chickpeas
- ½ – ¾ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ½ tbsp salt
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- parsley sprigs and paprika for garnish
- pita bread cut into pieces for dipping
- Drain the chickpeas. Reserve a few for garnish and put the rest in a blender or food processor.
- Add other ingredients and process until smooth (or until texture is even), adjusting lemon, tahini, and salt to taste.
- Transfer to serving bowl and with a spoon make a shallow well all around, about 1" from outside edge.
- Drizzle olive oil, garnish with reserved chickpeas, parsley sprigs and paprika.
- Serve with pita bread.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.