- 1 lb of fresh spinach or Swiss chard, cooked, well drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground pepper
- ¾ cup of cream or milk
- Melt in a small saucepan over low heat 2 tbsp butter with 1 finely chopped fresh garlic clove.
- Saute garlic in butter a minute or so.
- Do not let garlic burn or it will be bitter.
- Blend in 2 tablespoons flour to make a roux.
- Add ¼ tsp salt, ⅛ tsp pepper and heat until mixture bubbles, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add gradually ¾ cup of cream or milk.
- Return to heat and stir until mixture is smooth and thickened.
- Blend well drained spinach into sauce and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.