- 2 lb stewing beef
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 cans (10¾ oz) tomato soup
- 9 cups water
- ¼ tsp caraway seeds
- 4 medium carrots sliced
- 4 oz wide noodles
- 10 oz frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- Using large soup kettle brown beef on all sides in butter; remove beef and set aside.
- Brown onion and garlic in butter until soft stirring occasionally.
- Stir in paprika.
- Return beef to kettle; add soup water caraway and carrots.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat cover and let simmer 45 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and green beans with soup over high heat.
- Once soup boils reduce to simmer cover and continue cooking about 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Stir in sour cream until blended.
- Heat but do not allow to boil.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.