- 1 pint of very strong black coffee
- almond extract
- 2 well beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 cup of sweetened whipped cream
- 1 pint of shaved ice
- Prepare a pint of very strong black coffee, flavoring with a few drops of almond extract; strain and place in the double boiler, combining when just at the boiling point with two well beaten eggs, two tablespoons of sugar and four tablespoons of thick cream.
- Cook only until the custard coats the back of the spoon, and when perfectly cold fold in a cup of sweetened whipped cream.
- Add a quart of ice cold effervescent water and a pint of shaved ice, serving in tall sherbet glasses.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.